Outspoken Nothingness

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

& The People Said in Unision, "BaaaaH!"...




Besides all the media fuss about, a couple of friends told me about it. One of my friends doesn't even read unless she was forced to by a class. She read some of the "good" books outthere, and yet she thought it was utterly boring. But when she told me she read this book, was moved by it and thought it was life-changing, that's when I decided, I MUST read this book. And so I did!

THIS is what all the fuss was out?! THIS is what millions of people were touched by, moved and had a life-changing experience!?

Besides the fact that Mrs. Ronda has been accused of plagiarism, I personally felt she took bits and pieces from other self help books, pushed it a bit, and viola! A Secret. Which is a stupid name btw, because there's nothing secretive about it. But that's besides the point. Sure, thinking positively and being optimistic is great. But actually believing that wishful thinking is going to get you the physical thing!? I'm sorry but I've had a LOT of wishful thinkings, but not working to attain them is NOT going to get you what you want. I mean honestly, a guy wants to be rich, dreams about it, and suddenly he gets anonymous checks by mail!? Or if I'd like to fix my eyesight, all I'd have to do is think positively and think hard about it!? If it were that simple perhaps we'd have no use of doctors, or gain nothing out of working. Perhaps the concept or "earning" should be erased. Perhaps the poor souls in South East Asia thought very hard about being in an economically poor, politically curropt country that faces disasterous natural disaster where thousands of them die yearly, where families are lost, etc, etc. Yes, perhaps these unfortunate people thought about that and brought it upon themselves.

Rubbish!

What I'm most surprised about though is all the people who actually believe in it! I mean seriously.... how can anyone find logic or truth is that!?

Mrs. Ronda, if there's something I got out of the book (besides wasting a good 2 hours) is this:
You have insulted my intelligence, and you confirmed two things; people are sheep to be believing in this nones-ense you called your book, and second is Einsteins saying: "Two things in the world are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former"

* I know everyone says the movie is so much better. Maybe it was more successful in capturing the audience, since the book was very repetitive and could have been writing in like... a paragraph! But I'm pretty sure the concept she's trying to present is the same, hence, rubbish. But like a friend of mine told me, "know your enemy" - so I'll be getting acquainted with it sometime this week :P

9 Comments:

  • I think the problem is that people don't read, so once there's a fuss about a book they read it and go OMFGWOW! GOOD BOOK! If they read other books they would know how to seperate a good book from a crappy one.

    I was gonna read this one after my friend recommended it to me (her second book after the Quran) but when i found out it was a bestseller and khabba i remembered the Da Vinci Code.. and changed my mind

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/07 8:26 PM  

  • The chasers did it best:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo

    By Blogger K.thekuwaiti, at 3/10/07 8:32 PM  

  • I saw the movie i didnt read the book. It was repetitive too. But to be fair, it has been working for me. Then again it could be coincidence. But at the end of the day, a little positive thinking didnt hurt anybody.

    By Blogger Delicately Realistic, at 3/10/07 9:45 PM  

  • Thank you!

    i HATED the secret, i thought it was dumb and an insult to my intelligence! and im real glad to see someone else does not like it!

    By Blogger eshda3wa, at 4/10/07 1:11 AM  

  • I haven't seen it yet but i am surprised but the different opinions about it..

    I tried reading the book though, I couldn't go through 1 chapter, i didn't find anything captivating at all!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/10/07 1:23 AM  

  • I don't think of it that way.. Do they actually say in the book that you don't have to work for what you want?
    The first time I found out about the Secret was through Oprah, and one of the points that they mentioned on the show is that you have to work for what you want, PLUS think positively..
    I think it sorta is a secret to most people because the think things happen in life as they go, not knowing that their thinking has an effect..
    I'm not a complete believer in The Secret, but some of the things they mention like "positive energy" could be useful in life, I know a bunch of people who can't stop complaining about everything in their lives (even about good things!), I just wish they'd shut up and think of the silver lining for once..

    Sure, you attract things that you want most of the time, but it's positive thinking, ambition AND some hard work, nobody said that the "Secret" was easy lol

    By Blogger Ms. Sarah, at 4/10/07 1:53 AM  

  • True Swair.. thing is when u see it, u think its easy and want to see the effect NOW LoL..

    By Blogger soso, at 6/10/07 3:02 AM  

  • Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you are feeling better now?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13/10/07 4:06 PM  

  • i havent seen the movie, nor hav i read the book:/
    but i do highly recommend "Ransom" and "The Kiss" - both by Danielle Steel, she's AMAZING!!

    By Blogger L.R.643, at 12/11/07 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home